Sisters may lookalike. But each one of them is unique. This goes for bra sisters sizes as well. So how are they alike and how do they differ? And why you should know your sister size?
Please note that this article contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
What does sister size mean?
Dobreva Removable Pads Wire-Free Longline Lace Bralette | See Dobreva collection AA-DD at Amazon.com
Apart from your current bra size, you too have bra sister sizes.
These sister bras are bras with different numbers, but all have the same cup volume.
Remember that when going up or down a band size your cup volume will automatically change as well. For example, the bras 32A and 34A do not have the same cup volume. The bras 32A, 30B, and 34AA do have the same cup volume (they are sister sizes).
Are sister sizes the same?
Sister sizes have the same cup volume even though their cup size and band size both have different numbers.
For example, the sister sizes of a 36B bra are 34C and 38A.
Why you wanna know your sister sizes?
Knowing about sister sizes makes it easy for you to choose an alternative size if you need one.
- your measurements have changed a little, you wonder what size to choose
- a certain bra brand is known to have a smaller fit, what size do you then choose
- you may wear different bra sizes because your size isn’t always available
✔ you wear 38C and feel the band is too tight, you want to keep the same cup size | you choose 40B
✔ you want to buy a 34A bra, but you read this bra band is a bit smaller than other brands | you choose 36AA
✔ you wear 40AA and can’t get the bra you like in your size | you choose 38A
Exclusive AAA, AA & A cups | Shop lulalu.com
Bra sister size chart
I’ll best explain sister bra sizing by giving you an example of the sister sizes of a 38A bra.
- a bra in 38A has the same cup volume as a bra in 36B | going down a band size
- a bra in 38A has the same cup volume as a bra in 40AA | going up a band size
When going down a band size your cup size will automatically have less volume. To keep the same cup volume you will have to go up a cup size
You see when going up a band size your cup size volume will automatically be bigger as well. To keep the same cup volume you will have to go down a cup size.
80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra
Find your fit Thirdlove's Fit Finder Quiz
There is a very clear video about sister bra sizes from Herroom watch the 2-minute video from Herroom
What bra size should I then buy?
If you’re not happy at all with your bra it is wise to check your bra size. It could well be that you might need a different bra size to begin with.
Have your sizes not changed? Do check the elastic fiber of your bra. It might be time to replace the bra. Remember that a worn out bra has lost most of its strength.
There is really only one way to find out what your best bra size is.
- measure your cup size and band size
- check your sizes in a bra size chart AAA-B cups or in our bra size calculator AAA-O cups
- dare to try different sizes, try if needed your bra sister sizes
If you have small boobs you really need a small bra size chart (or our bra size calculator) to check your size. I see too many women settle for an A or B cup, but should be wearing an AA or AAA cup instead. If you check a chart that starts with cup A, you won’t be able to check your bra sizes. Simply because your bra size may just not be in it.
Other articles your might like
Herroom Video Top 6 for Petite Ladies
- How To Measure Your Bra Size »
- Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes »
- Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses »
- Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts »
- Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman »
- Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth »