The pull of gravity affects all of us, whether you have smaller of bigger boobs. Genetics do their share as well. You want a bra you feel confident and comfortable in. Learn about measuring and see the video on best styles for sagging breasts
Please note that this article contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
What causes breasts to sag?
Causes can be:
- just by aging (as we all do) and the fact that breast tissue is gradually losing elasticity
- during menopause, nature makes sure we lose more and more elasticity of the skin
- the more breast tissue you have compared to fat tissue the less chance of drooping
- you’ve lost weight (again)
- you’ve gained weight (again)
- fluctuations in weight can cause extreme stretching of the breasts
- your breasts changed after given childbirth and breastfeeding your child
- you’ve had an operation on one or two of your breasts
Hanes Women’s Oh So Light Foam ComfortFlex Fit Wirefree Bra | See collection Bali at Amazon.com
How to measure sagging breasts?
Ask yourself 3 simple questions:
- Are you happy with your bra looking in de mirror?
- Does your bra feel good on you during the day?
- Is the bra giving you confidence and does it make your clothes look good?
If all three answers are a no, you should (only) take a couple of minutes to get to know your sizes again.
Start with measuring your under bust. Take the band size closest to your measurements.
The measuring of your cup size should be done over the fullest part of your breast. And this is where you should pay extra attention.
When your breasts are sagging:
- make sure you wear a well fitted non-padded and supporting bra
- if you do not have a bra or do not have a well-fitted bra you can bend over so your boobs are hanging down at 90 degrees. Measure from here.
- ask a friend to help if you feel you need some assistance
Measure a couple of times and write down the outcomes. Get yourself trained and experienced just by measuring again and again (if needed).
Exclusive AAA, AA & A cups | Shop lulalu.com
One more important thing!
If you have small boobs, be sure to have a look at a bra size chart that includes the small cups or use my bra size calculator. Be aware that a lot of size charts do not have AAA and AA cups in their size table.
Realize that bra sizes can be very close together. You too have a bra sister size. For example, the bras 40B, 38C and 42A all have the same cup volume. Depending on the brand you might wanna change between sizes sometimes.
Bali Women’s One Smooth U Ultra Light Illusion Neckline Underwire Bra | See details at Amazon.com
80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra
Find your fit Thirdlove's Fit Finder Quiz
Best bras for saggy breasts
I believe that a well-fitted bra will turn any woman into a bra lover.
Some characteristics of pendulous boobs include soft breast tissue that’s fuller at the bottom of the breast and much shallower at the top. Check out the Herroom video for all styles you should look for (and which not).
Having saggy breasts will make you look for bra styles that give support and lift. You will need cups that give you enough upper breast coverage.
Video Herroom on deflated and pendulous breasts
As seen in the video bra features to look for are:
- seams in the cups
- side support panels
- full coverage cups and
- push up with graduated pads
- See the collection bras at Herroom
Other articles you might like
Herroom Video Top 6 for Petite Ladies
- How To Measure Your Bra Size »
- Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes »
- Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses »
- Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts »
- Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman »
- Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth »