As an Amazon Associate and publisher for several lingerie companies, I earn from qualifying purchases. The commission is paid by the retailers, at no cost to you.
The pull of gravity affects all of us, whether you have small, medium or bigger boobs.
- What causes sagging breasts?
- How to measure sagging breasts?
- What are the best bras for saggy breasts?
- Watch video Herroom ‘Best bra styles for deflated and pendulous breasts’
What causes breasts to sag?
Bra inserts can be real lifesavers. Many women with sagging or uneven breast use them in their bras and swimwear. See 8 non-adhesive bra inserts that give coverage and create cleavage »
The pull of gravity affects all of us. All breasts will sag in some way.
Causes can be:
- just by aging (as we all do) and the fact that breast tissue is gradually losing elasticity
- during menopause, nature makes sure we lose more and more elasticity of the skin
- the more breast tissue you have compared to fat tissue the less chance of drooping
- you’ve lost weight (again)
- you’ve gained weight (again)
- fluctuations in weight can cause extreme stretching of the breasts
- your breasts changed after given childbirth and breastfeeding your child
- you’ve had an operation on one or two of your breasts
Bali Women’s Lace and Smooth Underwire Bra | See collection Bali at Amazon.com
How to measure sagging breasts?
Ask yourself 3 simple questions:
- Are you happy with your bra looking in de mirror?
- Does your bra feel good on you during the day?
- Is the bra giving you confidence and does it make your clothes look good?
If all three answers are a no, you should (only) take a couple of minutes to get to know your sizes again.
Start with measuring your under bust. Take the band size closest to your measurements. What band size to choose if you’re just in between two measurements? »
The measuring of your cup size should be done over the fullest part of your breast. And this is where you should pay extra attention.
When your breasts are sagging:
- make sure you wear a well fitted non-padded and supporting bra
- if you do not have a bra or do not have a well-fitted bra you can bend over so your boobs are hanging down at 90 degrees. Measure from here.
- ask a friend to help if you feel you need some assistance
Measure a couple of times and write down the outcomes. Get yourself trained and experienced just by measuring again and again (if needed). I wrote a blog on A cup vs B cup, in which you’ll learn why bra sizes (in general) can be that close.
One more important thing!
If you have small boobs, be sure to have a look at a bra size chart that includes the small cups or use our bra size calculator. Be aware that a lot of size charts do not have AAA and AA cups in their size table.
Realize that bra sizes can be very close together. You too have a bra sister size. For example, the bras 40B, 38A and 42C all have the same cup volume. Depending on the brand you might wanna change between sizes sometimes.
Leonisa Push Up Bra with Full Coverage B-D cups | See collection Leonisa at Amazon.com
Best bras for saggy breasts
I believe that a well-fitted bra will turn any woman into a bra lover.
Having saggy breasts will make you look for bra styles that give support and lift. You will need cups that give you enough upper breast coverage.
Watch this video of Herroom on Best Bra Styles for Deflated and Pendulous Breasts.
As seen in the video bra features to look for are:
- seams in the cups
- side support panels
- full coverage cups and
- push up with graduated pads
- See the collection bras at Herroom
Go to bra size calculator and determine your best bra size
Video Top 10 for petite ladies by Herroom
How To Measure Your Bra Size
Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes
Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses
Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts
Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman
Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth