What if you’re less happy with the way your bra band feels right now? A simple check of your underbust is the first step to find your true bra size.
- How to measure your bra band size?
- How tight should a bra band be?
- Do cup sizes change when changing the band size?
How to measure your bra band size?
It might be that your bra band just doesn’t feel good anymore. Maybe for quite some time now. Or maybe it is your cup size (as well).
Anyway, you’ll feel a bad-fitted bra all day long.
- Maybe you have to pull the straps and cups straight every time to keep the bra in its place.
- Trying to make it stay where it should be, nicely but firm around your underbust, while your cups fit the size of your breasts nicely.
Dobreva’s Comfort Lightly Lined Wireless Plunge Triangle Bra Racerback AA-D cups | See collection Dobreva at Amazon.com
Measuring your bra band size is the first step to discover your true bra size. It all starts by measuring your underbust and choose the closest band size. From there you’ll be able to find the matching cup size. A bra band should feel firm but not never too tight.
- measure around your body, underneath your
- write down the inches or centimeters
- lookup your band size in a size chart
- always check a size chart that includes the small sizes (meaning AA and AAA cups)
- secondly, measure your bust size
Too many times women keep their current bra size because they’re used to the bra size and stick to it. For the wrong reasons however and that’s a shame.
A slightly different measurement can change your bra size altogether. Wearing the right bra size will make all the difference in the world. A well-fitted bra does give you more confidence and makes your clothes look better.
Warner’s Women’s No Side Effects Underwire Contour Bra B-DD cups | See the collection of Warner’s at Amazon.com
How tight should a bra band be?
Your bra band should feel a bit tight, or you might say firmly. But is sure mustn’t feel too tight.
The elastic fiber of your bra will relax a bit when it gets warm. So if you put on a bra it may and should feel quite firm for about 10 minutes. After some time the fabric will respond to the warmth of your body.
What if I’m in between two possible band sizes? Which band size to choose then?
Many women could wear two band sizes and both sizes may fit them well. But what happens to the cup size?
Dobreva Comfort Lightly Lined Wireless Plunge Triangle Bra Racerback | See collection Dobreva at Amazon.com
Do cup sizes change when changing the band size?
Yes! If you go down or up a band size your cup size volume will automatically change too.
Going up or going down a band size will change your cup volume as well. For example, a bra in 36B as a different cup size as a bra in 38B. If you want a larger band size but keep the same cup size, you would go from a 36B to a 38A. Read more about bra sister sizing »
- For example, you wear a 36A. You want the smaller band size 34. You’re happy with the cup size. In this case, want to go for 34B in order to keep the cup size you are used to.
- For example, you wear a 34AA. You want the larger band size 36 and the same cup volume. If you want to keep the same cup size you would have to try 36AAA.
Handful has a collection of sports bras, bottoms, tops with a built-in bra, and bra pads. Great on women with smaller breasts, uneven breasts, and after mastectomy of one or two breasts. See the collection Handful at Amazon.com
If I measure myself and check the size chart I would usually go for a 34 band size. I’m however quite close to a 36 band size also. For years I bought 34 bras in a cup AA. Lately, I started wearing some 36 bras in a cup AAA. I find the cups to be a bit wider set and the bra cups look more natural on me. The cups of a 34AA and a 36AAA are the same in size, however, positioned a bit wider.
Go to bra size calculator and determine your best bra size
Video Top 10 for petite ladies by Herroom
How To Measure Your Bra Size
Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes
Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses
Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts
Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman
Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth