Do you feel totally fine with your bra size? That’s great. You won’t need a bra size check.
But if you do?
About an average of more than 60% of women do not wear the right bra size.
- Why is it important to measure your bra size regularly?
- How can you measure your own bra size?
- And should you do the measuring yourself?
Bra size check – why measure regularly?
Our body and also the size of our breasts can change during life.
Maybe some of us will have little to no change and keep their body proportions most of their lives. For others, the changes can be often and they need a different bra size several times in their life.
This is why we may need to change our bra size
- we gain weight
- we lose weight
- and then again…
- through menopause, our breasts and body may change
- our breasts changed in size after given childbirth and breastfeeding
- our breasts change as we get older
- they may be bigger, smaller, sag more
- we have had maybe surgery on one or both of our breasts
If you have small boobs there is something you might not have realized before.
Many women with smaller breasts may not ever have had a properly fitted bra in their lives before.
I meet a lot of women who wear a bra cup A who’d be better of with an AAA or AA cup. But it can also be that they might need a B cup instead of the A cup they’re wearing. Or even a C cup. Cup sizes can be quite close together.
- Why many women with small breasts do not wear their right bra size?
- How to find your best bra size. Read the full post ‘Find out if you’re an AAA, AA, A, B or C cup’ »
If you know what sizes you are, you will be a better shopper. Just to know what you should be looking for will take you maybe 10 to 20 minutes. This is the time you need for your measurements. And to look up your bra size in a size chart.
Small breasts sag too
The pull of gravity works on any size of breasts. On small breasts as well.
Gravity is just one cause that may have its effect on your breasts to sag in some way. The shape and size of your breast tissue may easily have changed. Read the full post The best bras for sagging breasts »
Bra size check – how to measure your bra size
Always look for bra advice that is specially written and made for women with smaller breasts. If you have an AA or AAA cup size you do need a size chart that includes the small cup sizes.
To determine your bra size you need to take 2 measurements.
A simple check of your underbust size is the first step to find out your best bra size.
- how will I know if my current band size is still right for me?
- what if I measure just in between two possible band sizes?
- how to measure my band size at home? Read the full post ‘Why a change in band size automatically changes your cup size’ »
Read more about how to measure your band size at home »
Then go to the size chart AAA – B cups that I have for you, the one that includes the small cup sizes! Look for the size that is closest to your measurements.
Is your size not in the chart? Check out the bra size calculator AAA – O cup sizes »
What if I’m in between two bra sizes?
There is only one way to find out. Try both sizes. Sometimes you could fit two different sizes. Decide over time what your preferences are.
I own bras in 34A, 34AA and 36AAA and the bras all fit me just fine.
Depending on the brand and the model of the bra I deliberately choose different sizes. Always remember that when going up or down a band size, your cup size will change too.
Bras in 34A and 36A do not have the same cup size. The bras 34A and 36AA do have the same cup size. They are called sister sizes.
Why you should hand wash your bra?
Your bra is a delicate treasure. And we expect from it to support us throughout the day (and nights). So why should we preferably hand wash bras?
The elastic fiber of our bra needs the best of support from us! Because a bra that is taken good care of will give you longer and better support.
- Why its best to hand wash your bra?
- Why is regular washing important?
- How to dry your bra after washes?
Did you know regularly washing is important for the elastic fiber to regain its shape? Read the full post about ‘How to handwash your bra’»
- measure bra size – learn how to measure a small cup size »
- bra size calculator – find out your true bra size today!
- aaa cup – more about aaa cup bras »
- aa cup – more about aa cup bras »
- a cup – more about a cup bras »
- small bra blog – blogs on bras and more »
Go to bra size calculator and determine your best bra size
Video Top 10 for petite ladies by Herroom
How To Measure Your Bra Size
Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes
Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses
Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts
Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman
Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth