If you have smaller breasts and want to check your sizes, your measurements may simply not be in the standard size charts.
Please note that this article contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Why petite busted women must check a small bra size chart?
If you have small boobs it is a must to check a small bra size chart.
- if you check a chart that starts with cup A, you won’t be able to check your bra sizes properly
- simply because your size may just not be in it
- it could mean you settle for an A or B cup, instead of the AA or AAA cup you might actually need.
Dobreva Women’s Floral Lace Back Front Closure Padded Push Up Underwire Bra Plunge AA – DD cups | See collection Dobreva at Amazon.com
It is important to realize that most shops do not carry the smallest cup sizes and therefore cannot possibly give you proper advice. That goes for the lingerie store in the street, as well for the most online shops.
What they don’t sell they won’t be able to advise you on.
If you have small boobs and are not happy with your bra size right now?
In just about 10 minutes of your time, you can find your best bra size.
Exclusive AAA, AA & A cups | Shop lulalu.com
How to use the small bra size chart?
You have to measure your underbust and bust size.
First, check the underbust and than secondly find your matching cup size.
Is your size not in the chart? Check my bra size calculator AAA – O cups
80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra
Find your fit Thirdlove's Fit Finder Quiz
- it’s normal that you might fit more than one bra size, and both sizes fit you just fine
- it is also a matter of personal preferences when choosing your bra size
- some women really dislike a tight band of the bra and tend to choose a looser band
- it is a thing of trial and error
- you might have 1 best bra size
- you might have 2 or maybe 3 sizes that fit you fine, also depending on the model and brand of the bra
Maximum Support Racerback Sports Bra with Removable Pads, AAA-D+ great for uneven breasts | See details at Amazon.com
Why different bra sizes may fit you just fine?
Let me give you an example. This will give you an idea on how to read the small bra size chart.
Let’s say your underbust is 77 centimeters and your bust size is 85 centimeters. If you look at the chart you would have a band size 34 and a cup size AA.
You can also see that you are close to band size 36. If you measure 78 centimeters (only a difference of 1 centimeter!) you would likely choose a band size 36. If you look at the cup size you would then choose AAA. My advice is to try both sizes if you’re not sure what to choose.
Remember that going up or down a band size will change the volume of the cups.
The bra 38AA has less cup volume as the bra in 40AA. The bras 38AA and 36A have the same cup volume.
Mind you. The most support of your bra comes from the band. So this must feel a bit firm, but always comfortable.
Other articles you might like
Herroom Video Top 6 for Petite Ladies
- How To Measure Your Bra Size »
- Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes »
- Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses »
- Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts »
- Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman »
- Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth »