As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, see my full disclosure
It is a myth that women with small breasts don’t need a grown-up bra. I’ll give you 6 reasons we Petites deserve a fine bra!
Exclusive range of AAA, AA & A cup bras | See Lulalu.com
6 reasons why small boobs deserve a fine bra
1. We are no little girls but grown-up women
Small cup-sized women are in need of beautiful lingerie, just like any other medium or bigger cup-sized woman. We only want bras for small cups that fit us just right ☺
Not to worry!
See my bra calculator or shop for bras at:
Lulalu bras for women with AAA, AA, A cups | bands 30-42 | See Lulalu.com
2. Small is beautiful
Women and girls come in different shapes and sizes. It’s what nature is all about.
There is no such thing as a standard woman’s body. This goes for our boobs as well. Sure thing.
- we want the same choice of bras all women have
- we have moods and want to vary from a basic bra to a sexy lace bra
- and all there is in between…
- a well-fitted bra feels comfortable all day long and will give you confidence
- your clothes will look better
How do we really feel about our breasts?
I want to mention the amazing work of Laura Dodsworth.
In her book, Bare Reality 100 women bravely share un-airbrushed photographs of their breasts alongside honest, courageous, powerful, and humorous stories about their breasts and their lives.
You can watch the short video about the book Bare Reality. It’s beautiful!
Women from all walks of life took part, aged from 19 to 101, sized AAA to K, from a Buddhist, a nun to a burlesque dancer.
3. No size should be discriminated
How small is small anyway?
Well. It depends on your perspective. Some people call an A cup small, some might even say the same about a B or C cup.
In the media boobs only seem to get bigger. In reality, it may be the case. But. Yet still, lots and lots of women have them.
Personally, I think we could fill up a whole new planet with us Petites.
Pepper Underwire Bra, Lightly Lined Cups AA-B | See Amazon.com
According to lingerie company ThirdLove, there are 9 boob types. And they design their bras for all of them!
4. We have nipples too
We have nipples too. And no, we don’t want to show them all the time and also need them protected when moving around.
How come many Petites still wear the wrong bra?
I can think of a few reasons.
- as for any woman, it can have become a habit to stick to something that is no longer good for us, like a badly fitted bra
- we settle for the bra size that we are used to wearing for years now, thinking this must be the best there is for us
- having small breasts, there is a bigger chance to choose the wrong size because of the lack of knowledge and information in shops and on the internet
- most bra size charts have not listed the smaller cups, like AA and AAA cups
- because we have small boobs we tend to avoid lingerie stores (we indeed do not belong there)
- in stores, we easily get suggested a wrong bra size
- how can someone give us proper advice not selling your size and probably may not know the existence of the smallest cup sizes?
5. Small boobs sag too
Smaller boobs have less breast tissue than larger boobs. But this does not mean they are free from sagging.
A lot of things cause breasts to sag in some way. Not only by aging but think of fluctuations in weight, hormonal changes, genetics, and operations, or after a period of giving breastfeeding.
6. Small boobs like a little extra
Dobreva Racerback Push-up Bra Cups AA-DD | See bra on Amazon
A bra that fits you perfectly doesn’t dig at the band or straps, or gap at the cup. It moves with you rather than against you for support that’s comfortable.
Once you experience a well-fitted bra you never want to go back.
Only a well-fitted bra will make you feel good.
Your clothes look better, you feel better, sexier…
Creating cleavage with a bra that is not your size will not make you feel great. It is uncomfortable to wear.
DOBREVA Push-Up Bra Front Closure AA – DD | See Amazon.com
Women wearing a 40AAA, a 38AA, and a 36A all wear a bra that’s different in numbers alright, but all have the same cup volume. Meaning: if you go up or down a band size, you should change the cup size as well to keep the same volume. Check my calculator and find your best bra sizes (or sizes!).
Do you have uneven breasts? See 8 bras for asymmetrical breasts
Can both men and women use the bra size calculator?
Yes, sure. I have men using the calculator to find a bra for different reasons.
My other guides
Is there a question about your bra still unanswered? Please let me know. I’ll be happy to advise.
Lulalu Bras for women with AAA, AA, A cups | bands 30-42 | See Lulalu.com