As an Amazon Associate and publisher for several lingerie companies, I earn from qualifying purchases. The commission is paid by the retailers, at no cost to you.
6 reasons why small boobs deserve a fine bra
Debrova front closure bra cup AA-DD | See collection Debrova at Amazon.com
1. We are no little girls but grown-up women
Small cup-sized women are in need of beautiful lingerie, just like any other medium or bigger cup-sized woman. We only want bras for small cups that fit us just right.
And thank god nowadays there is the internet where we can shop bras for small cups. There are some lovely brands that design bras for small breasts. Many of these designers started making them out of there own needs.
Lulalu exclusive AAA-A cups | See collection at lulalu.com
We want the same choice of bras all women have. We have moods and want to vary from a basic bra to a sexy lace bra. And all there is in between…
A well-fitted bra feels comfortable all day long and will give you confidence. Your clothes will look better.
Are you pulling your bra straight the whole day? If you have any doubts about your bra size right now, it would take no more than 10 minutes of your time to check up on your sizes and find your true size in my calculator.
2. Small is beautiful
Women come in all shapes and sizes. It’s what’s nature is all about.
There is no such thing as a standard woman’s body. This goes for our boobs as well. Sure thing.
Exclusive AAA, AA & A cups | Shop lulalu.com
How do we really feel about our breasts?
I want to mention the amazing work of Laura Dodsworth.
In her book, Bare Reality 100 women bravely share un-airbrushed photographs of their breasts alongside honest, courageous, powerful, and humorous stories about their breasts and their lives.
You can watch the short video about the book Bare Reality.
Women from all walks of life took part, aged from 19 to 101, sized AAA to K, from Buddhist nun to burlesque dancer.
Bare Reality will make you reconsider how you think and feel about your own body and those of the women in your life.
Discover Thirdlove's ½ cup sizes
The new paperback edition features ‘No Less a Woman’, the breast cancer awareness campaign with Stella McCartney. See details at Amazon.com
3. No size should be discriminated
How small is small anyway?
Well. It depends on your perspective. Some people call an A cup small, some might even say the same about a B or C cup.
In the media boobs only seem to get bigger. In reality, it may be the case. But. Yet still, lots and lots of women have them.
Personally, I think we could fill up a whole new planet with us petite.
80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra
Find your fit Thirdlove’s Fit Finder Quiz
How come bra sizes can be that close?
Women wearing a 40AAA, a 38AA, and a 36A all wear a bra that’s different in numbers alright, but all have the same cup volume. Meaning: if you go up or down a band size, you should change the cup size as well to keep the same volume.
DELIMIRA Women’s Underwire Molded Cup Lace Convertible Multiway Bridal Strapless Bra AA-E cups | See details at Amazon.com
4. We have nipples too
From the collection Little Women | AAA-A cups
We have nipples too. And no, we don’t want to show them all the time and also need them protected when moving around.
Why many petites wear their badly fitted bra way too long
- like for any woman, it can have become a habit to stick to something that is no longer good for us, like a badly fitted bra
- we settle for the bra size that we are used to wearing for years now, thinking this must be the best there is for us
- having small breasts, there is a bigger chance to choose the wrong size because of the lack of knowledge and information in shops and on the internet
- most bra size charts have not listed the smaller cups, like AA and AAA cups
- because we have small boobs we tend to avoid lingerie stores
- the stores usually do not carry – or only very little – the smallest cup sizes and we get easily suggested a wrong bra size
- how can someone give us proper advice not selling your size and probably may not know the existence of the smallest cup sizes?
Tip. If you have small busts be sure to check a size chart that includes all small cups »
5. Small boobs sag too
Small boobs have less breast tissue than larger boobs. But this does not mean they are free from sagging.
A lot of things cause breasts to sag in someway. Not only by aging but think of fluctuations in weight, hormonal changes, genetics, operations, etc.
Only a well-fitted bra will give you the best support and can shape sagging breasts nicely.
Some of my readers tell me they have lost breast tissue after having their child or children. When I go through their sizes with them, they usually need a new bra size. Many times their cup size has changed, and sometimes their band size as well.
Read more about choosing a new bra after breastfeeding »
6. Small boobs like a little extra
A bra that fits you perfectly doesn’t dig at the band or straps, or gap at the cup. It moves with you rather than against for support that’s comfortable. Source and photo: Thirdlove | See their collection here »
Once you experience a well-fitted bra you never want to go back. Only a well-fitted bra will make you feel good. Your clothes look better, you feel better, sexier…
- There is nothing that sexy as a bra that fits properly!
- Whether the bra is a push-up or has not any padding at all.
- Creating cleavage with a bra that is not your size will not make you feel great. It is uncomfortable to wear.
Can both men and women use the bra size calculator? Yes, sure. I have men using the calculator to find a bra for different reasons.
My other guides
Is there a question about your bra still unanswered? Please let me know. I’ll be happy to advise.
Herroom Video Top 6 for Petite Ladies
- How To Measure Your Bra Size »
- Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes »
- Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses »
- Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts »
- Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman »
- Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth »