Check your bra size now! And find your true size ♥
It is my mission for every small cup sized woman to become a bra lover
- I’ve been wearing wrong sized bras for too many years
- Nowadays I actually enjoy (very much) wearing my bras.
- I learned about bra sizing by measuring myself and the
- I still meet a lot of women NOT wearing the right bra size.
- Of the first four women I measured, three of them were not wearing the right bra size.
- They felt it and they saw their bad-fitted bra in the mirror.
- Boobs may only seem to get bigger.
- Maybe it is the case, but we could still fill up a whole new planet with us petite girls.
- Every woman is unique and so are her breasts. Read more about the 9 types of boobs »
- Cup size A is not the smallest cup size.
- There is more.
- Like cup size AAAA, AAA & AA. Read more about the smallest sizes online »
- I believe it’s all about getting to know your own sizes.
- And finding your size in a small bra size chart.
- A well-fitted bra will give you more confidence.
- Your clothes look better because you feel better wearing the right bra!
Maybe you’re happy with the bras you wear and already know how to shop for a petite bra size. That’s great.
For many years I certainly could not call myself a bra lover. Having a petite bra size didn’t help.
I believe in a well-fitted bra for every woman, whether she is petite, medium or plus-sized breasted. We women with a smaller cup size need a bra like any other women.
We sure are no little girls. That’s that. Read more about 6 reasons why we deserve a fine bra ».
How come many petites wear a wrong size bra?
- like any woman, it can have become a habit to stick to something that is no longer good for us, like a badly fitted bra
- we settle for the bra size that we are used to wearing for years now, thinking this must be the best there is for us
- having small breasts, there is a bigger chance to choose the wrong size because of the lack of knowledge and information in shops and on the internet
- most bra size charts have not listed the smaller cups, like AA and AAA cups
- because we have small boobs we tend to avoid lingerie stores
- the stores usually do not carry – or only very little – the smallest cup sizes and we get easily suggested a wrong bra size
During the time I had my own online lingerie store, I started learning quickly about bra sizing. I wanted to give my customers the best of advice. So I taught myself the theory of bra sizing and started practicing.
I was shocked to learn how many women (of all sizes) are not wearing the right bra size.
More than 60% of women wear a wrong size bra
That is what researches tell us. You probably read about this kind of percentage. Or an even higher one.
I always thought this percentage to be a bit high. But after measuring other women (and myself) I found out I was wrong.
The first four women I measured where some friends and my own mother. Three of the four women were NOT wearing the right bra size. These women had all different body and breasts sizes, varying from a cup size AA to D.
The women themselves felt their bad fitted bra and saw it every day in the mirror.
As I mentioned before.
It must be so human to stick to a bra that doesn’t fit.
Or may never have fitted you. Sometimes we stick to something that is not good for us. And that’s a shame I think. Because it may only take 10 to 20 minutes to learn a bit about bra sizing and measure your own sizes.
Smaller breasts after breastfeeding
I get questions from my readers on brasforsmallcups.com asking for advice on bra sizing because of their smaller breasts after breastfeeding.
These women tell me they have lost breast tissue after having their child or children. When I go through their sizes with them, they usually need a new bra size. Many of them wear an A, B or C cup and now need a smaller cup, like an AAA, AA, or A. But not only their cup size may have changed, also the band size might be different than before.
- how will I know if I need another bra size?
- how to measure my breasts?
- which brands should I look for? Read more on losing breast tissue after breastfeeding »
Bra small size, how small is a small bra size?
Well. It depends on your perspective.
Some people call an A cup small, some might even say the same about a B or C cup.
In the media boobs only seem to get bigger. In reality, it may be the case.
There are lots of women with smaller boobs. Lots. This is what nature is all about. No woman is the same. None of our boobs are the same. Women’s breasts come in all shapes and sizes.
Shouldn’t a small bra be as small as small as our boobs get? Yes! Read more about the smallest bras online »
You won’t find the smallest bra size in the lingerie shop near your place. And that’s ok because we live in the age of the internet.
But I find there is still a lot unknown if it comes to picking the right bra size, especially if you have small boobs. I meet a lot of women who wear A and B cups but really need a smaller cup size.
Please know that cup sizes AAAA, AAA, AA, and A are on the lingerie market. Some designers do care and started their lingerie business out of their own needs and the needs of many petite breasted women around them.
How do we really feel about our breasts?
Nature comes in all shapes and sizes. In this light, I want to mention the work of Laura Dodsworth. She published her book Bare Reality, an amazing book about women and their breasts.
Laura spent two years photographing and interviewing 100 women about the breasts, bodies and lives. Women from all walks of life took part, aged from 19 to 101, sized AAA to K, from a Buddhist nun to a burlesque dancer.
You can check out her book on Amazon »
All women are unique. So are our body sizes and so are our breasts. Sure thing. But how do we really feel about them?
Brasforsmallcups is all about women with a petite bra size
My journey of becoming a bra LOVER is what I love to share with other petite women.
Every lingerie minded woman is so very welcome to read my blogs. I believe every woman deserves a well-fitted bra. Whether she is a petite, medium or plus size girl.
Really enjoying your bra (and the rest of your lingerie) is only going to work if you’re wearing the right bra size.
Do you have any doubts about your size at this moment? Do a check on your bra size. Read more about measuring yourself at home »
Bra small size – why measuring yourself is that important
It is good to realize that only a slight difference in measurement can change your bra size. Especially if you are in between two sizes, it good well mean you have to try different sizes.
I own 3 different bra sizes – 34AA, 34A and 36AAA – and they all fit me just fine.
Depending on the brand and bra style you too might have to try different sizes.
Really only after learning about bra sizing, I knew what sizes to try. I no longer own some bras. I started actually to love wearing them. Why? Because for the first time in my life I had a well-fitted bra.
Once you experience a well-fitted bra you never want to go back. Only a well-fitted bra will make you feel good. Your clothes look better, you feel better, sexier…
- measure bra size – learn how to measure a small cup size »
- bra size calculator – find out your true bra size today!
- aaa cup – more about aaa cup bras »
- aa cup – more about
aacup bras »
- a cup – more about a cup bras »
- small bra blog – blogs on bras and more »
Is there a question about your bra still unanswered? Please let me know. I’ll be happy to advise.
Go to bra size calculator and determine your best bra size
Video Top 10 for petite ladies by Herroom
How To Measure Your Bra Size
Bras For Women With Small Cup Sizes
Bras For Strapless And Backless Dresses
Best Bra Styles For Deflated And Pendulous Breasts
Best Bras For The Plus Size Petite Woman
Cleavage Defined: The Hidden Truth