This article contains (Amazon) affiliate links, see my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
It is a myth that women with the smallest boobs don’t need a grown-up bra. I’ll give you 6 reasons we petite deserve a fine bra. Cause we can!
Check my bra calculator or your shop for bras & size charts
6 reasons why small boobs deserve a fine bra
1. We are no little girls but grown-up women
Grown-up bras for grown-up girls
Small cup-sized women are in need of beautiful lingerie, just like any other medium or bigger cup-sized woman. We only want bras for small cups that fit us just right ☺
Not to worry!
AAA, AA, A cups | Shop at lulalu.com
There are some lovely brands that design bras for small breasts, designing them out of their own needs and the women around them.
If you have any doubts about your bra size right now, it would take no more than 10 minutes of your time to check up on your sizes in my calculator
2. Small is beautiful
- we want the same choice of bras all women have
- we have moods and want to vary from a basic bra to a sexy lace bra
- and all there is in between…
- a well-fitted bra feels comfortable all day long and will give you confidence
- your clothes will look better
- are you pulling your bra straight the whole day?
Debrova front closure bra cup AA-DD | See collection at Amazon.com
Women come in all shapes and sizes. It’s what nature is all about.
There is no such thing as a standard woman’s body. This goes for our boobs as well. Sure thing.
How do we really feel about our breasts?
I want to mention the amazing work of Laura Dodsworth.
In her book, Bare Reality 100 women bravely share un-airbrushed photographs of their breasts alongside honest, courageous, powerful, and humorous stories about their breasts and their lives. You can watch the short video about the book Bare Reality.
Women from all walks of life took part, aged from 19 to 101, sized AAA to K, from Buddhist a nun to a burlesque dancer.
Bare Reality will make you reconsider how you think and feel about your own body and those of the women in your life.
3. No size should be discriminated
How small is small anyway?
Well. It depends on your perspective. Some people call an A cup small, some might even say the same about a B or C cup.
In the media boobs only seem to get bigger. In reality, it may be the case. But. Yet still, lots and lots of women have them.
Personally, I think we could fill up a whole new planet with us petite.
According to Thirdlove, there are 9 boob types. And they design their bras for all of them!
How come bra sizes can be that close?
Women wearing a 40AAA, a 38AA, and a 36A all wear a bra that’s different in numbers alright, but all have the same cup volume. Meaning: if you go up or down a band size, you should change the cup size as well to keep the same volume.
Delimira Lightly Lined Strapless Bra AA-E cups | See collection at Amazon.com
4. We have nipples too
From the collection Little Women | AAA-A cups
We have nipples too. And no, we don’t want to show them all the time and also need them protected when moving around.
How come many petites still wear the wrong bra?
- as for any woman, it can have become a habit to stick to something that is no longer good for us, like a badly fitted bra
- we settle for the bra size that we are used to wearing for years now, thinking this must be the best there is for us
- having small breasts, there is a bigger chance to choose the wrong size because of the lack of knowledge and information in shops and on the internet
- most bra size charts have not listed the smaller cups, like AA and AAA cups
- because we have small boobs we tend to avoid lingerie stores (we indeed do not belong there)
- in stores, we easily get suggested a wrong bra size
- how can someone give us proper advice not selling your size and probably may not know the existence of the smallest cup sizes?
If you have small boobs be sure to check a small bra size chart
5. Small boobs sag too
Small boobs have less breast tissue than larger boobs. But this does not mean they are free from sagging.
A lot of things cause breasts to sag in some way. Not only by aging but think of fluctuations in weight, hormonal changes, genetics, operations, etc.
Only a well-fitted bra will give you the best support and can shape sagging breasts nicely.
Some of my readers tell me they have lost breast tissue after having their child or children. When I go through their sizes with them, they usually need a new bra size. Many times their cup size has changed, and sometimes their band size as well.
Read more about choosing a new bra after breastfeeding
6. Small boobs like a little extra
A bra that fits you perfectly doesn’t dig at the band or straps, or gap at the cup. It moves with you rather than against you for support that’s comfortable.
Source and photo: See Thirdlove Collection
Once you experience a well-fitted bra you never want to go back. Only a well-fitted bra will make you feel good. Your clothes look better, you feel better, sexier…
- There is nothing that sexy as a bra that fits properly!
- Whether the bra is a push-up or has not any padding at all.
- Creating cleavage with a bra that is not your size will not make you feel great. It is uncomfortable to wear.
Can both men and women use the bra size calculator? Yes, sure. I have men using the calculator to find a bra for different reasons.
My other guides
Is there a question about your bra still unanswered? Please let me know. I’ll be happy to advise.
AAA, AA, A cups | Shop at lulalu.com